THE WASHINGTON AREA COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS ASSOCIATION (WACABA)
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY GRADUATE STUDENTS
WACABA offers an annual scholarship to students at Marymount University. Any student studying Human Resources who has a stated interest in pursuing a career in compensation and benefits is eligible to apply. The scholarship consists of payment for a 3 credit HRM course, plus a free one year’s membership in WACABA with access to our 9 complementary programs.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- be a graduate student majoring in Human Resources Management, or a comparable discipline, who has taken or is enrolled in at least one course that addresses Compensation and/or Benefits. Eligible courses include: HRM 533, 534, 538, and 539
- be interested, or already engaged, in the field of compensation and/or benefits
- have excelled in their study of compensation and/or benefits coursework as determined by the appropriate Marymount professors and course grades
- write a paper, roughly one page, 12 pt, single-spaced, stating why they should receive the scholarship and how it will benefit their career.
Selection for the scholarship is based on:
- two (2) written recommendations from Marymount professors
- overall academic achievement
- qualitative assessment of the submission paper
- results of a personal interview with selected members of the WACABA Board
The scholarship is presented jointly by Marymount and WACABA during an event on the Marymount Campus during each Fall Semester.
Previous Scholarship Recipients.
2013 Mara Jaffa
2014 Nina Maiwand